Tank Chair!

Posted by Ralph | 6:10 PM



The "official" story: "Tank Chair is a Custom off-road wheelchair that can go anywhere outdoors. Conquers Streams, Mud, Snow, Sand, and Gravel, allowing you to get back to nature, and can also climb up and down stairs. For every 10 chairs sold, TankChair is going to donate one to a fire department in a rural area so that they can give it away to someone who would not normally be able to afford one. The first is going to go to Parker Fire Department in Arizona. This is our hometown and they were the ones who rescued my wife, my kids, and myself when we got in the accident that put her in the chair."

Oh my goodness! "TankChair" the pictures should say it all, but I just got off the phone with Brad @ TankChair and he said a new model is in the works. The potentially 12 mile an hour - Brad: "I wouldn't reccomend it" boasts, tank style trac-drive, spiral cell batts, 15 mile charge, self levelling seat and other "bells and whistles.

Check out the Image gallery, or better yet,Videos

Brad told me he was even making one for a blind gent, w/ proximity sensors and surround sound. YEE-HAH. At a sugg. $15,000 to $18,000 price I might just get another loan. That or sell a leg to cannibals, don't use them anyway. j/k..well maybe..

Pictures and content used with permission of TankChair.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo