MARIETTA, Ga. – U.S. Paralympian Jeff Skiba (Chula Vista, Calif./Sammamish, Wash.) set a new men’s F44 high jump world record Friday at the 2007 U.S. Paralympics Track & Field National Championships in Marietta, Georgia

Skiba, a 23-year-old Paralympic resident athlete at the Olympic Training Center in Chula Vista, Calif., received a standing ovation from spectators after jumping 2.10m in the long jump, bettering his previous world record of 2.09m which has stood since 2002.

When asked about his performance, Skiba remarked, “I think I’m in better shape this year. I’ve put a lot more time and concentration into my training, and I just feel really confident. I know I can still go higher.”

In February of 2007, Skiba became the first male Paralympic athlete to qualify for and compete in the Track & Field Indoor National Championships against able-bodied athletes.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo