Paralympic Update - Skiing

Posted by Ralph | 1:44 PM


Disabled Alpine Ski Racer Adam Hall has finished the International Paralympics Committee (IPC) Alpine World Championships in Korea this week with huge success.

Hall, 21, Otago, took home silver in slalom and a career best time in giant slalom (GS) where he placed 12th.“Two seasons ago I never would have thought I’d be where I am now,” said Hall. “This event has the same athletes and countries as the Paralympics Games which builds my confidence as I work toward the Games next year.”

“This is a fantastic achievement for a young man,” says Labour Disabilities Issues Spokesperson Lynne Pillay. “We all feel such pride in success stories like this.”

Hall unfortunately fell ill before the Super G and Super Combined events opting to pull out, giving him time to recover before the IPC World Cup Finals in Vancouver, Canada and the Wells Fargo World Disabled Championships where he returning to reclaim his title for the fourth consecutive year.

“There was no way I could race. My health comes first,” said Hall. “Although disappointed that I had to pull out, I am not going away empty handed. I’ve got my silver medal.”

Hall, whose classification is LW1, is a member of the Adaptive Snow Sports National Team and is trained by the Winter Performance Programme under Coach Hiro Taniguchi.

Source

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo