Osteomyelitis

Posted by Ralph | 11:27 PM

I have been in the hospital since October 22 with osteo in my right hip. They surgically debrided the wound but serious IV antibiotics have kept me down and out for almost two months.

The boredom is maddening, the pain sometimes unbearable, but the worst are the lost holidays. This tiny little bed has become somewhat of a rolling nightmare. I lay on one side for awhile then the next with no motivation but sleeping and eating. I have put on some quality poundage....... 20 or so and the plumping up is good.

The worst is missing the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and maybe even New Years.

It started out with a small discoloration on my right side and I would lay on my left side until I got a small discoloration there. My last resort was my back and because I slept on it so rarely I almost immediately got (and still have) a dime sized open wound.

I have been tested for everything under the sun. Hepatitis A,B,C. HIV and blood, urine and stool samples. Fortunately all of that was negative.

The surgeons did a debridement of the suspected Osteo, sealed the wound and prescribed a 6 week IV regime. That was supposed to last until Dec. 19, then the Jan. 3rd shoe dropped.

I was transferred to a Nursing Home and the doctor took me off all my pain med's and now I'm back in the hospital. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm just so stressed out depressed I don't know what to do.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo