I have a job!

Posted by Ralph | 10:54 AM

Photo used with permission of Magnus L.


Taken from TeamParadise:

"Miami, Fl. ­ A group of veteran Olympic sailors from around the world have announced the establishment of the first ever program to pair Olympic medallists with the disabled, in an effort to ensure that physically challenged athletes, including the blind, become strong enough sailors to participate in, and become champions at, the 2008 Paralympic Games in Beijing, China."

"Magnus Liljedahl, winner of the Star Class Sailing 2000 Olympic Gold Medal for the USA, is spearheading the newly named TeamPARADISE effort in Coconut Grove, Florida. The program, which teaches racing skills to the disabled, is being established under the auspices of Shake-A-Leg Miami (SALM), one of the largest, fully accessible community water sports center in the world."


As you all should know, I am trying to get more jobs together and I called Magnus today about photographing their sailors during the 2006 Rolex Miami OCR. I explained to him who I was, and what I was doing. I asked him if they needed a photojournalist to cover the team and his response was "the more the merrier". I will have (hopefully) full license to photograph the athletes and use my pix and articles for submission to magazines etc. As always I will keep you informed.

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo