I live in Central Florida and I am definitely looking forward to summer and all the killer things that summer brings. Heat is one, well the only thing I'm not looking forward to. Being a quad and not sweating really puts a limit on how much time I can be out. As anyone living with SCI, MS or any other disability that has problems regulating their body heat should check back here often because I have talked to the owners and reps from a few of the companies that make cooling vests.


There are so many different types of vests I looked for the ones that had the smallest profile while still doing it's job. I'm waiting for the first of the vests to come right now. The vest I am waiting on now is made by a Swiss company, they say the vest works similarly to evaporative cooling, using a variety of layers of different materials, and claims that they have done scientific research and the results of the study showed that the hotter it was the cooler the area covered by the vest would be.

The tests showed that at 75f the covered area was 64f, at 86f the covered area was 64f! That's more like it. It's already over 90f in the afternoon and if it works exponentially that well I can't wait to see when it hits 100f

Another really great feature of this vest is that it rquires no pre-freezing or ice-packs to do it's job, just a quick soak in water and it's supposed to work for up to 48 hours.

As soon as I get it I will set it to work and let all of you know what the deal is!

Rollingpix

Stumble ThisFav This With TechnoratiAdd To Del.icio.usDigg ThisAdd To RedditAdd To FacebookAdd To Yahoo